Can the mask be washed and reused
With the exception of cotton masks, disposable masks and masks with specific functions cannot be used again after cleaning.
Professional anti-particulate masks can not be washed, otherwise it will damage the filter material and mask structure in the mask, and can not effectively block the infection of viral pathogens.
How to disinfect a used mask
1. Bring the water to a boil. After boiling, put the used mask on the steam rack and steam (the mask is not in contact with water, similar to steamed buns) for more than 3 minutes, and then dry it in a clean container .
2. Spray 75% medical alcohol on both sides of the mask and dry it.
3. When there is no one, it can be irradiated with household ultraviolet light for 10 minutes.
What masks can be used repeatedly
Cotton masks are divided into 4 layers, 12 layers, 16 layers and other rules. When used, they can filter certain air particles, block droplets, secretions, and have strong adsorption capacity, but poor breathability, and allergic skin should not be worn. The fiber of the mask is relatively thick, and the efficiency of blocking the dust under five microns in diameter is limited. In addition, because the saliva will remain in the part of the inner face of the cotton mask that contacts the mouth and nose, it is easy to breed bacteria when cleaning is not timely.
When cleaning cotton masks, you need to soak the mask with boiling water first, then use soap or detergent to clean the mask. During the cleaning process, the mask should be gently rubbed, taking care not to apply too much force, so as not to loosen the cloth of the mask and reduce the effect of dust and bacteria. After scrubbing, rinse off the soap and laundry detergent on the mask. When drying cotton masks, they need to be dried in a place with sunlight and good ventilation effect, so as to achieve the effect of disinfection and sterilization.
It should be noted that cotton masks cannot be cleaned frequently. Otherwise, the gap between the dustproof fabric will become larger and the dustproof effect will be reduced. It is recommended to prepare several cotton masks to use alternately.
The mask must be changed as long as it is worn
1. Professional anti-PM2.5 mask: 2 days
The anti-fog and haze masks worn by the citizens are different. There are professional anti-PM2.5 masks, as well as filter masks, medical masks, and cotton masks. Different types of masks have different frequency of washing. People should change and clean the masks in time, otherwise it is not conducive to respiratory hygiene.
Professional PM2.5 protective masks, such as N95 and N99 masks, should be replaced with new ones after two days of use, otherwise they will not play a good role in protection. In addition, this type of mask is not suitable for long-term wear, because of its good airtightness, it is easy to cause people to have trouble breathing and lack of oxygen. You can choose whether to wear a professional PM2.5 protective mask based on daily air quality. If the air quality is better, just choose a normal mask.
2. PM2.5 filter mask: 8-10 days
Many people choose to wear PM2.5 filter masks. These masks are inserted into the inside of ordinary masks with filters that have PM2.5, dustproof, and antibacterial functions. 8 to 10 days (calculated according to 8 hours per day), if stains appear on the filter, they should be replaced immediately.
3. Disposable mask: 4 hours
In addition to the protective masks mentioned above, disposable masks are also relatively common. Disposable masks are divided into upper and lower parts, and those with nose clips are above. After wearing the masks, pinch the nose clips tightly and make close contact with the skin to prevent contaminated air from entering the mouth and nose. Do not reuse disposable masks, they should be replaced every 4 hours.
Notes on wearing masks
1. Wash your hands before wearing a mask, or avoid touching your hands with the inside of the mask while wearing the mask to reduce the possibility of the mask being contaminated.
2. Distinguish the inside, outside, top and bottom of the mask; the printed side of the KN95 mask is the outside; the one end of the metal strip / sponge strip is above the mask.
3. Do not squeeze the mask by hand, including the N95 mask, you can only isolate the virus on the surface of the mask. If you squeeze the mask by hand, the virus will wet the mask with the droplets, and there is still a chance of infection.
4. Make sure that the mask and the face have a good adhesion. The simple test method is: after putting on the mask, exhale hard, and the air cannot leak from the edge of the mask.